Yerba maté has been known for centuries to replenish the body with energy and vitality.
From the Tupi people of Brazil and the Guarani people of Paraguay…
To the Argentinian gauchos (cowboys) who drank it to sustain their lengthy cattle-herding days…
To the Spanish Conquistadors…
And in our modern day, to the energy drinks that it’s in…
Yerba maté contains:
● About 27 mg of Caffeine per serving for long lasting energy and focus without the jitters
● Theophylline - an anti-inflammatory compound known to treat asthma and other respiratory problems
● Theobromine - an alkaloid known to decrease blood pressure, thus helping prevent cardiovascular illnesses, heart attacks, and cancer
● More antioxidants than tea or coffee that help slow cell aging and degeneration, strengthen the body against damage, and increase physical stamina
● More metabolism-boosting nutrients than green tea that improve digestion, lower cholesterol levels and help the body burn fat
● Polyphenols which contribute to a healthy immune system, better sleep, less allergies and a faster metabolism
● B vitamins including B1, B2, B3, B5 and B complex which help the body digest food and stay energised as well as contribute to healthy muscles, skin and hair
● Vitamin A which promotes good eye health, cell growth and a healthy immune system
● Vitamin C for good heart health, skin health and immunity
● Vitamin E, a powerful antioxidant that improves circulation and helps the body repair tissues
● Potassium for a healthy heart
● Magnesium which helps blood synthesise proteins and relaxes and repairs muscles
● Calcium, Manganese, Iron, Selenium, Phosphorus, Sulfur and Zinc, vital minerals for the body
● Biotin for healthy nerves, bone marrow, skin and hair
● Choline for liver and gallbladder health and production of important hormones
● 15 Amino Acids for increased cellular health and growth
● Phytochemicals which stimulate the immune system and reduce cholesterol With all this natural goodness packed into one plant, you can see why the Spaniards were amazed at the energy and good health of the Guarani when they landed on the shores of Argentina!
With all this natural goodness packed into one plant, you can see why the Spaniards were amazed at the energy and good health of the Guarani when they landed on the shores of Argentina!